Seriously though, how CUTE are these cloud treats. The web page is actually written all in Spanish, so….we hit up ‘Google Translate’, we’ve spun it into English for you….
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 min
Servings: many clouds, depend on the cutter you use
▪ 250 ml water
▪ 20 g of powdered gelatin neutral (These two envelopes. Gelatin sheets also served.’re About 12 sheets)
▪ 1 vanilla bean (or vanilla paste, powder, …)
▪ Sugar 400 g
▪ Batter: a mixture of equal parts of icing sugar and cornflour (cornstarch is optional)
1. Hydrate the gelatin, putting it in a bowl with 125 ml of water (takes about 5 minutes to be ready for use)
2. Besides, we put the remaining 125 ml of water with the sugar and vanilla bean in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and remove from heat
3. Mix the contents of the bucket, with the hydrated gelatin another bowl (including water). Stir and bring back to the fire, where we will keep stirring constantly until it boils. Remove from heat
4. We remove the vanilla pod, open it in half with a knife and took the seeds, which add to the mix. Stir. We removed with a skimmer white foam that forms on top of the gelatin (I’m not sure this is necessary, but whenever I do work with gelatin)
5. We spent the mixture to a large bowl and let stand at room temperature until lukewarm (By introducing a finger into the mix, not noticed neither cold nor hot. Takes an hour or so). At this time the gelatin begins to curdle, and seems egg.
6. Meanwhile, prepare a tray of 22 * 32 cm (approximately) spreading it with butter (I tested with oil and does not work well. I guess another option is nonstick spray).
7. When the mixture is lukewarm, whisk with electric rods, we beat the top speed for 10 minutes. Then change color gelatin, will turn white and begin to ride as if it were a meringue. As for those 10 minutes is mounted past, we stopped, we put the finger, and tried. We know it’s hard, but it is important to do your duty as a cook, and therefore need to repeat this step as many times as necessary. Pour the mixture onto the tray, and smoothed the surface with a spatula
8. Sprinkle the surface with a mixture of icing sugar and cornstarch in equal measure. The clouds are very sticky, and this will prevent the surface from drying, and also help cut without sticking to the knife or cutter
9. Let stand at room temperature until the mixture is curd (it takes about four hours). Cut with a sharp knife into squares or with a cookie cutter. In both cases, sprinkle with a little icing sugar and cornflour so that clouds do not stick
10. Press clouds in the mix powdered sugar and cornstarch, and retain it in a bag to consumption
- To prepare lemon flavour, just replace 60 ml of water for lemon juice in step 2 The rest of the preparation is equal
- To prepare the cloud dipped in chocolate, chocolate melt enough in the microwave with some cocoa butter, and bathe the clouds. We leave in a cool place until chocolate solidifies
LA RECTA DE LA FELICIDAD | Website