Mini Baked Donuts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup caster sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 2 tablespoons buttermilk
– 1/3 cup greek yogurt
– White chocolate melts
– Oil or powdered based food colouring
– Toppings (sprinkles, nuts, coconut etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius (FAN), and spray mini donut pan with non-stick baking spray or grease with butter.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl and set aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together egg, caster sugar, vanilla essence, oil, buttermilk and yogurt, until combined and smooth.
4. Pour into dry ingredients, and fold in until just combined
5. Transfer mixture into piping or zip lock bag, and cut a small hole. Pipe into donut pan filling 1/2 – 2/3 of the way.
6. Bake for 9 – 11 minutes, and place on cooling rack.
7. Melt chocolate over double boiler, or in microwave at 30 second intervals. Add food colouring into the chocolate, then dip donuts into the bowl to glaze. Decorate with desired toppings straight away, before the chocolate sets.
NOTE: This recipe makes 16 mini donuts, and they taste best within the first day!
RECIPE & PHOTOGRAPHY | Vickie Liu